The Circular Economy Action Group is the business initiative promoted by Forética in Spain whose objective is to lead the transition of companies towards a circular economy model, working on three objectives:
Companies that make up the Circular Economy Group
by highlighting the commitment of the participating companies and giving visibility to their actions in order to call other organizations to action
by presenting the business case of the transition for companies, the main trends in the field, as well as the tools to move towards a circular economy model.
as public administrations and opinion leaders to contribute to Spain's transition to a circular economy and become a benchmark player.
VI Edition: 2022-2023
The accountability of circularity
The objective of this VI Edition will be to accompany the companies of the Action Group to learn about some essential aspects in the accountability of circularity, mainly focused on: the importance of establishing circular measurement indicators and the progress of regulation and reporting on the subject at European and national level.
Aspects to work on:
Establishment of circular measurement indicators. To inform companies about the importance of having indicators to measure their performance in terms of circular economy.
Regulation and reporting: identification and monitoring of circular economy regulations.
Identify, classify and make visible the circular measurement actions implemented by the companies that are part of the Action Group.
The planned milestones are as follows:
Launching of a reference publication on the subject.
Visibility of commitment, objectives and good business practices.
Celebration of the Circular Economy Business Forum 2023.
Sending of circular trends with the main news on the subject.
Public-private collaboration actions.
Forética's Circular Economy Action Group began its activity in 2017 with the aim of leading the transition of companies towards a circular economy model. In each edition, the Group has focused on the most relevant topics to foster that transition:
- I Edition (2017-2018): the Group worked on identifying the business case and business opportunities linked to the transition towards a circular economy model.
- II Edition (2018-2019): the keys to measuring business circularity were analyzed to measure progress in the transition from a linear model to a circular model.
- III Edition (2019-2020): in response to one of the most pressing environmental challenges we face, Group companies worked on how to move towards a new plastics economy.
- Edition IV (2020-2021): the Group has worked on moving towards maximum circular ambition as part of the transformation required for the decade of action.
- V Edition (2021-2022): during the V Edition the objective has been to advance in the knowledge of innovation and financing as two of the pillars for circular transformation.
Forética and the Ministry for Ecological Transition have signed a framework collaboration agreement for the promotion of sustainable and environmentally responsible business management, which includes collaboration and dialogue on Circular Economy issues.
On the other hand, as a representative in Spain of the WBCSD, we participate in Factor 10the WBCSD's circular economy working group, which brings together the leading companies in their sectors to work collaboratively and with a sectorial focus, with the aim of identifying the challenges of the transition to the change of model and taking advantage of business opportunities.
We are in contact
Si tienes cualquier duda o pregunta relacionada con este Grupo de Acción, escríbenos y te contestaremos lo antes posible.