- The Honorary Committee is made up of the President of the Spanish Government, Pedro Sánchez; the President of the Congress of Deputies, Meritxell Batet; the President of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce, José Luis Bonet, and high-level business representatives.
- Organized by Forética, 'ESG Spain 2020: Corporate Sustainability Forum' has established itself as the benchmark business meeting on sustainability (environmental, social and good governance), with more than 1,000 confirmed guests.
- Ms. Teresa Ribera, Fourth Vice-President and Minister for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, together with international opinion leaders such as John Elkington and María Mendiluce, will analyze the trends and keys to corporate sustainability.
Madrid, September 8, 2020.- H.M. King Felipe VI chairs the Honorary Committee of the 8th edition of 'ESG Spain 2020: Corporate Sustainability Forum', the benchmark meeting on corporate sustainability in Spain organized by Forética.
This Honorary Committee is made up of high-level representatives from both institutional and business levels, among which the following stand out:
- M. the King Felipe VI - President of the Honorary Committee
- Pedro Sánchez - President of the Government of Spain
- Ms. Meritxell Batet - President of the Spanish Congress of Deputies
- José Luis Bonet - President of the Chamber of Commerce of Spain
- Raúl Grijalba - Chairman of Forética / Executive Chairman of ManpowerGroup Spain and Managing Director of the Mediterranean Region
- Ms. Isabel Pardo de Vera - President of Adif and Adif AV
- Alberto Gutiérrez - Head of Military Aircraft Airbus Defence and Space and Head of Airbus Spain
- Luis Isasi Fernández de Bobadilla - Chairman and CEO of Banco Santander Spain
- José Ignacio Goirigolzarri - President of Bankia
- Pedro Guerrero - Chairman of Bankinter
- Manuel Terroba - Executive Chairman of BMW Group Spain and Portugal
- Eduardo Baamonde - President of Cajamar Caja Rural
- José Bogas Gálvez - Chief Executive Officer of Endesa
- Rafael del Pino - Chairman of Ferrovial
- Francisco José Riberas Mera - Executive President of Gestamp
- Ms. Petra Axdorff - CEO IKEA
- Alejandro Oñoro - Chief Executive Officer of ILUNION
- Ms. Ana Argelich Hesse - President and Chief Executive Officer of MSD
- Francisco Reynés - Chairman and CEO of Naturgy
- José Antonio Fernández Gallar - Second Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of OHL Group
- Javier Solans - General Manager of P&G in Spain and Portugal
- Iñaki Ereño - Sanitas CEO
- Jorge Oliveira - Solvay General Manager for Spain and Portugal
The eighth edition of 'ESG Spain 2020: Corporate Sustainability Forum' will take place on September 23 in an innovative format: a live television program, broadcast from the sets of Antena 3 Television via digital platform via streaming, with the production of Atresmedia. As every year, it will be an unmissable event for executives and experts in sustainability that will bring together key national and international opinion leaders to analyze the present and future trends in sustainability (from the environmental, social and good governance angles), aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The institutional opening of this business forum will be made by the Fourth Vice President and Minister for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, Ms. Teresa Ribera. International opinion leaders will speak at the forum, outstanding for their contribution to business sustainability, such as John Elkington, one of the most influential opinion leaders and author of concepts such as 'Green Swans', the Triple Bottom Line or the three 'Ps' (People, Planet and Profit).
María Mendiluce, CEO of We Mean Business Coalition and Managing Director of Climate and Energy at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), will speak at this meeting. The Governor of the Bank of Spain, Mr. Pablo Hernández de Cos, and the President of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce, Mr. José Luis Bonet, will share their vision on sustainability. In addition, this business forum will feature the specific business experience in the development of ESG aspects (environmental, social and good governance) of leading companies in their sectors, such as Bankia, IKEA, ManpowerGroup, MSD, Naturgy and P&G.
This year, Angie Rigueiro, journalist and presenter of Antena 3 Noticias, will be responsible for conducting the event, which will address the main trends in the social, environmental and good governance fields, from a business perspective. In addition, the meeting will have a special focus on the management of the COVID-19 crisis and the construction of the future of sustainability in the face of business resilience and 'new normality'.